29 November 2011

Lost Video Archive Banner


It's been a good couple of months since I drew this for my lunatic-fringe film criticism blog Lost Video Archive. Every once ina while I remembered it, but then forgot to post...

I suppose it demonstrates well why I am a passable illustrator, but not a good artist. There are a lot of great things about it, namely tone and shadow, and I particularly aimed at raw line quality (non-straightness.) There are some flaws.
The best I can say is that I will not give up, were I a hack till my own death (which I would like to be preserved on VHS), I will persist!

3 comments:

Vincent said...

I think you're selling yourself a little short. You're no hack and show a confident command of your technique.

As for artistic content, it's all so damned subjective. One person's art is another's kitsch. Of course, only you know for sure if you're really "putting yourself out there" and if you feel yourself shying away from it no self-respecting artist is going to blame you. It can be a scary thing. Great art can come at a great price.

Plipt said...

Heh, I suppose, but there are other Illustrations that demonstrate why you are a great artist.

The Goodkind said...

Thanks gentlemen.